Wednesday 17 August 2011

Letter writing -- From a son to his father informing him of the choice of a profession.


4, Hemant Street
Burdwan,
April 23, 2010
My dear Father,
As my education is now finished, it is necessary for me to think of taking some calling or profession. I had a strong inclination to be a lawyer; but the profession has ceased to dazzle my imagination, although its glamour still dazzles the imagination of many. In this profession however honourable and lucrative it may be, I see people starve. At the Bar, one can scarcely hope to acquire competency even after ten or twelve years of waiting. I have therefore, made up my mind not to study law. The medical profession, too, is overcrowded.
Considering all these things, I have decided to turn a trader. Here, once can easily earn independence, if one be industrious, observant and conscientious. Trade holds out a sure prospect of growing rich within no time. I beg you to think over what I say, and write whether you approve of the choice I have made or not.
I remain,

My dear Father,
Ever your affectionate son,

No comments:

Post a Comment